No USB connectivity with Windows computer (Bluetooth USB adapter)

I have windows 10 and just purchased the Bluetooth USB adapter. I have deleted all old drivers and only have the new one installed, yet I have no connectivity with either wireless mouse or keyboard. Am

I have windows 10 and just purchased the Bluetooth USB Adapter. I have removed all the old drivers and only have the current one installed. I do not have any connectivity however with my wireless mouse or wireless keyboard. Is this a bad unit or am I missing a step?

missing

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting about your Bluetooth adapter. I’m sorry it isn’t working to connect your wireless keyboard and mouse.

It sounds like some of the drivers from your previous installation still might be in Windows causing problems.

Could you run our diagnostic program? If there are any remaining drivers, this will allow us to see them, and if it is another problem, it will help us understand that too.

To run the diagnostic, please plug the Bluetooth adapter into your computer, then go to this page, and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When you run the program, it will create a zip file on your desktop with your computer name and the date. Please send that file directly to our support email address at support@plugable.com

Please put “For Ticket #140326” in the subject line.

Of course it it turns out something is wrong with the adapter, we will get a replacement out to you right away.

Thanks!

Andy
Plugable Support

I followed the above… and when I went to send the data from the completed diagnostic test, Gmail ordered the data deleted before I could send the msg. (duh). reason: it looked like a possible national security danger… really. Now then, with this upgraded security in place, how can we handle this transmission? disk?
help.

the face I am trying to express is not acceptable in polite company. I am thinking about hand signals, as in a finger.

Hello Eugene,

Thank you for your reply.

We have received your support request at support@plugable.com with case ID #214398.

Please continue working with us via e-mail so that we may help to resolve the issues you’re experiencing.

Thanks!