No soundbar connection

I have a bt4le bluetooth, my computer w/win10 recognise & installed it, bt recognise my LG las452b soundbar but it will not connect. The LG connects with everything else just not the computer.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting about your Bluetooth adapter. I’m sorry about the troubles with connecting to your soundbar.

I looked for information about the LG LAS452b, but I couldn’t find it. I found information for the LAS454b, so I’ll use that here. I hope they operation the same.

I would like to ask you to try a step-by step connection process for connecting the soundbar to be sure the pairing process is going OK. Please go through the steps one-by-one, and if it doesn’t work at any point, please let me know what step that happened. That will help me understand what the issue is.

Start with your soundbar turned off.

1. Turn off Bluetooth on any devices in the area that you have previously connected the soundbar to, such as your cell phone, and “Unpair” or “Forget” the connection in each device’s Bluetooth settings. This is very important to make sure it doesn’t automatically connect to one of them instead of to the computer.

2. On the computer, click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray and select Add a Bluetooth Device. The Bluetooth & Other Devices window will open (If the window is called Manage Bluetooth Devices your computer hasn’t been updated to the Creators update yet. In this case, skip step 5 below).

3. If you see a icon for your soundbar in the window, click Remove Device, then confirm in the next window.

4.Turn the soundbar.

1. If you are in the Creators update, click the plus (+) sign next to “Add Bluetooth or other device.” The Add a Device window will open. Click Bluetooth.

2. Your computer will scan for Bluetooth devices. A listing for the soundbar should appear. Click it.

3. The soundbar should connect. Try playing music through it. If this doesn’t work, continue with step 8.

4. Right click the speaker icon on in the system tray at lower right.

5. Select Playback devices. The soundbar should be on the list under Speaker or Headphones or its name. Right-click the icon, then click Set as Default device.

6. It should now be working. If it isn’t please let me know at what step the process failed.

Thanks!
David
Plugable Support

Hi Paul,

I’m just checking back to see if you were able to get your Bluetooth adapter working on your computer with those instructions I sent. If not, please let me know. I’m happy to continue helping.

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support