"No Signal" Sign when connected to the tripple screen dock to Mac mini m1

Hey

I have a Mac-mini M1 and three Displays by KOORUI monitors. The monitors work fine but when my Mac mini to the dock and connect my monitors it says “no signal”.

I connect the Mac to the dock via HDMI - USD C and from the dock to the monitors via HDMI (Both ends). Please help.

Also I had to purchase an new power chord for the Dock cause the old one went missing. So i also would like to know if I purchase the wrong card.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry the UD-3900PDZ isn’t working as expected with your Mac Mini. I’ll be happy to help figure this out.

In your post you mentioned that the dock is being connected to your Mac Mini through an HDMI to USB-C cable. Unfortunately this way of connecting the dock to a computer will not work correctly. The UD-3900PDZ needs to be connected to your Mac Mini using the USB-C cable was included in the box with the dock since the dock requires USB data to operate. The USB-C cable would plug into the USB-C port on the rear of the UD-3900PDZ and the other end would plug into one of the USB-C/Thunderbolt ports on your Mac Mini.

It’s also worth noting that it would be necessary to have the DisplayLink Manager application installed and running on your Mac Mini for the UD-3900PDZ to operate correctly. If you haven’t already installed this application you can find the download link and installation instructions here: www.plugable.com/displaylink

You also mentioned that you purchased a new power cord for the dock since the old one went missing. The power adapter for UD-3900PDZ should output 20V at 4.5A for a total of 90W. If your power adapter doesn’t match these specifications (they should be written on the label of the power adapter) it may not be a match for the dock, and you can find replacement power adapter options here: https://kb.plugable.com/question/1081115

Alternatively please email us directly at support@plugable.com with “For ticket 415792” in the subject line and we can discuss warranty options for a replacement power adapter. In the email please include your Amazon/Walmart/Newegg/eBay order number for the UD-3900PDZ purchase.

My apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to assist!

Sam
Plugable Technologies

Two questions with this:

Can i purchase a USB-C cable from an store and it would work? ( I have misplaced the original cable). And is there a lick to buying this cable?

also i bought a adaptor that has 24v at 5 Amps output. Dose it exactly have to be the 20V at 4.5A?

Hi Daniel,

Other USB-C cables can work with UD-3900PDZ but they need to support the proper features to have full compatibility for the dock. We usually recommend using the USB-C cable that is included in the box with the dock since it’s known to be compatible, and finding the right cable can sometimes be challenging.

For a USB-C cable to be compatible with UD-3900PDZ it needs to support USB speeds of at least 5Gbps, USB Power Delivery of at least 60W, and video transfer (also known as DisplayPort Alternate Mode). Plugable’s USBC-C100 is an example of a compatible cable: https://plugable.com/products/usbc-c100

As for the power adapter, I’m afraid the adapter you purchased is not compatible with UD-3900PDZ. The replacement power adapter would need to provide 20V exactly, and at least 4.5A of current. Since the adapter you purchased provides 24V it has the potential of damaging the dock by providing an over-voltage to it, and as such I’d strongly recommend against using them together.

Compatible replacement power adapters for our docking stations are available on our eBay storefront. Links to them can be found here: https://kb.plugable.com/question/1081115

Of course we’d also be happy to discuss warranty options for a replacement USB-C cable and power adapter. Please email us directly at support@plugable.com with “For ticket 415792” in the subject line and include the order number for your dock purchase and we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you!

Sam
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.