No signal after installing UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapter.

UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapter. I get No Signal on the TV connect to by HDMI. This is a first time install

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for posting! A couple of quick questions to narrow down what the issue might be-:

1. What is the make and model (or specs) of the TV?
  2. If you connect the TV through VGA do you see any issues?
  3. Is the Green LED on the Plugable UGA-2K-A lit?

Once you reply back with this information, we will figure out the next steps.

Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
Roze

Ok I checked the TV the Make is APEX no model info it has three HDMI ports all three worked with my laptop’ bult in HDMI.

The UGA-2K-A USB is set to be used as an extended screen to the right. The green light is on the TV is black then goes to no signal after a few seconds.

I do not have a long enough VGA cable and your product was missing the VGA adapter but I have a few of the DVI to VGA adapters and I tried it on a computer monitor and it worked fine when I reconnect the HDMI the TV came on and showed the screen. Is it possible that the UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 is trying to detect the connection and not sending a signal to the TV because it does no detect conmection? I have seen that issue in some video capture devices and VCRs.

Please advise

Best regards,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

The fact that the Plugable UGA-2K-A worked well without any issues on a computer confirms that it is working fine.

The way TV or monitors with TV tuners(they work almost the same way as a TV) work is different from standard monitors.Most TVs are better equipped to render display from a Computer through the VGA ports. When you are connected by vga, the TV acts like a monitor and displays the resolution that you send to it.When you use HDMI, the TV thinks the signal is coming from a TV or a DVD player.Since the two work differently, the TV is unable at times to render the display properly. When the signal sent to such TVs is not exactly as it is expecting to receive, it will just report ‘No Signal’ and go to power saving mode.

Most, but not all, TVs are compatible with the Plugable UGA-2K-A. The exceptions are TVs that don’t support EDID (which communicates monitor capabilities to the PC) or which require specific higher versions of the HDMI spec, beyond 1.0.

Please check your TV manual to see if they recommend computer connectivity through VGA. If yes,then the VGA displays for this product are usually perfect.

Hope the above information helps to understand what you are seeing.

Regards,
Roze