No Refresh after Screen Saver

New Lenovo laptop P70 with 3 monitors using UGA-3000 USB 3 connections after screen saver, no refresh of windows.

Details:
Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit (cannot disable screen saver)
Intel i7-6820 HQ @ 2.70GHz
16GB RAM
No docking station - Plugables connected direct to 3 X USB3 ports on the laptop
DisplayLink Manager 8.2.2152.0
NVIDIA Quadro M600M, driver 354.25

After screen saver/power off of monitors, which is controlled by corporate IT, the windows come back to their last known positions/screens, however when typing, selecting (email) or scrolling in the window, no change is seen. Grabbing the window and dragging even a very short distance will force the window to refresh and then the typing/selection/change is seen.

A reboot will clear the trouble.

Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry that you are running into this issue, but I would be happy to assist!

I just have a couple of questions in order to gain a little more information about your setup:

1. Does the same problem occur if only 1 UGA-3000 adapter is connected?
  2. Does the issue occur utilizing any application, or just specific ones?
  3. What are the individual model numbers of the displays you are using?

Also, when you have a moment, could you please visit www.plugable.com/support/plugdebug and run our PlugDebug application on your system. Then, when the application finishes, a .zip folder will appear on your desktop. Please attach this .zip file to a direct email, and send it to support@plugable.com, with “Ticket No. 197364” in the subject line.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

1. It occurs with only one monitor using the UGA-3000
  2. The only apps I am not experiencing the trouble while testing a single monitor are MS Office: OneNote, Word and Excel, all other apps appear to have the problem (Outlook, Chrome, IE11, Skype for Business, Handbrake, Circuit, Msecure, Windows Explorer, Acrobat Reader)
  3. Dell S2330MX

Also: logging out and back in does not help, I need to reboot the laptop. EDIT- A lougout/login just worked to fix it, so sometimes that works, and other times it does not.

Debug sent to support.

And one more clarification: I also was able to increase the timeout of my screen saver to allow my laptop to stay unlocked overnight and the trouble was there this morning, so it was not just screen saver, but also having them running a very long time. To just fixing screen saver is not the only fix required.

Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for sending over the PlugDebug output, as well as the video of the refresh issue occurring. Based on the log files, I can see that your DisplayLink drivers have been fully updated, and no individual software installed is known to cause this particular issue. While viewing the video, It looked as if you have disabled Aero in order to have a better performance experience while using your system. In order for DisplayLink devices to work correctly, Aero needs to be enabled. Please follow this link -> http://support.displaylink.com/knowle… to enable Aero.

Then, once it is enabled, please let me know if you still experience the same issues!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for the suggestion, I believe it is fixed. I did not use Aero on my old laptop and never had trouble with the monitors. My new laptop was not using Aero either, I followed the instructions in the link and now Aero is enabled and it appears to have fixed the trouble. I have successfully locked the screen multiple times and have not seen the issue again. I also left it locked overnight and this morning all is working.

Did I miss something in the install readme’s or somewhere else that states Aero should/must be turned on?

Hi Greg,

Thank you for working through those troubleshooting suggestions! I am glad that it helped in resolving the issue.

Currently, our individual instructions do not include enabling aero, as aero is normally on in default, and we are looking for individual solutions that are essentially plug and play with limited configuration required. We do try and point out Aero in the DisplayLink information on our website, but thats one of the reasons support is here! To point you in the right direction when you run into issues.

I hope everything else is performing well, but if you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support