No power to HP Elitebook

Hello,
I am not receiving power to my laptop.
Thank you,
Vince Campbell

Hello Vince,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support. I’d be happy to help you with your inquiry.

Would you be able to provide your model number? This can often be found under the device or on the packaging.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Mychal

Plugable Technologies

I am sorry I thought you might need more information but hit send when I was looking:

745 G5

Would that be it?

Vince

Hello Vince,

Thank you for that information, it looks like you have a HP EliteBook 745 G5.

Apologies for not asking sooner, but would you also happen to have the model number of your Plugable device? This way we can see if it is capable of sending power to your device (as some of our products do not).

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Mychal

Hello,

I am sorry I got called away and am just back at my computer.

Yes, I should have thought of that, there are a lot of different Plugable devices out there:

Model Number: UD – 3900

Thank you,

Vince Campbell

Hi Vince,

This is Michael S., and I will be stepping in for Mychal to help here.

Thank you for providing the model number of your docking station. To help provide some clarity, unfortunately, the UD-3900 does not provide the Power Delivery feature. Power Delivery is a feature that is required to bring power to the host system. We do apologize for any confusion as we try to do our best to call this out under Compatibility within our product listing seen here: https://plugable.com/products/ud-3900

For your convenience, I provide a link to our docking station solutions that do provide the Power Delivery feature here: https://plugable.com/collections/docking-stations/power-delivery-host-charging

If you have any questions regarding any of these docking station solutions, please let us know, and we would be happy to provide further assistance.

We again apologize for any confusion here, and thank you for reaching out and giving us a chance to help.

Best regards,

Michael S.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for sending the information on the “compatible” docking stations. I am becoming a little bit frustrated! I selected one of the stations you suggested and purchased it. Today when I plugged in my computer, I receive the following message:

“Your computer is designed to vary performance as needed when a smaller capacity Smart AC Adapter is connected. However your computer exceeds the power rating for the Smart AC Adapter connected. Please connect a higher capacity Smart AC Adapter.”

Now what do I do? I purchased the USBC-6950PDZ mini docking station order # Order PLGS-1548

I have to kind of laugh when I read your email tag line “Who is Plugable? Glad you asked! We’re one of the worlds best-known brands for USB connectivity devices.

At Plugable, we’re all about turning your tech frustrations into fist bumps. Our mission? To supercharge your productivity while keeping things easy, breezy, and 100% compatible. “

This is the second docking station I have purchased that has not worked. And your company is getting like Apple, your product is TOTALLY USELESS if I didn’t have a block to plug it into!! I guess I am old school and feel like if I spend $100 on a produce it should work out of the box. Makes no sense that the UD-3900 worked right out of the box and it was cheaper.

So, what do I do with the second docking station that is not working for me?

Thank you for letting me rant,

Vince