No lights at all?

I have a new Lenovo ideapad S340,with windows10.I have no lights at all when I plug in my USB3-E1000? I am tech challenged,and can’t figure it out.I’m sure I am doing something wrong,but don’t know what.Please advise,Thanks,William (Bill)

Hello Bill,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Sorry to hear you’re having this trouble, and I am here to help! That’s a great machine, and it has two USB 3.0 ports. If we may, I’d like to try some basic troubleshooting first. If you would, please try these steps:

• Unplug all networking equipment, and allow for at least one minute for a full reset.
  • Try any different Ethernet cables that you have, and different Ethernet ports on the network equipment.
  • Try plugging the adapter into different USB ports on the computer
  • Are you able to try the adapter on another computer to see if you get the same/similar result? That could be very helpful. I do understand if this is not a possibility.

Again, I do apologize for the trouble and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
support@plugable.com

Glad to see that the full network reset did the trick for you. Please let me know if anything comes up.

Thank you, and I hope you have a great week.

Kevin
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.