No HDMI out

Okay, still have this problem. I’m not sure my UD-CAM’s HDMI output has ever worked for me over several laptops.

This is the monitor if that helps.

Am currently using Windows 11.

Have a new laptop without too much important on it and could run the logging app if someone could point me to it.

Thanks.

Hi Ruffin,

Thanks for reaching out to Plugable support! I’d be happy to help with that.

Looking back at the other post that you referenced, I wanted to clarify if you’re current computer has a USB-C port that supports DisplayPort Alt Mode for extending displays. As previously mentioned this particular. This particular docking station requires that the host computer has hardware installed that supports DisplayPort Alt Mode in order for the HDMI port to extend its display. This is very different than the other docking station that you previously mentioned using, the UD-3900, which only requires a USB 3.0 data connection along with the installation of the DisplayLink drivers. To be clear, the UD-CAM device docking station is not a DisplayLink power device, and therefore does not require the installation of DisplayLink drivers.

If you are unsure if your current laptop supports DisplayPort Alt Mode, I would be more than happy to look up that information if you could just provide us with the exact make and model of the host laptop you are trying to connect with the UD-CAM.

Thank you for giving us a chance to help.

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.