My audio won’t work through my tv. I’m utilizing an hdmi to display to my tv. I don’t have the option to select the plugable audio speakers… it says they are not plugged in. The driver is up to date. What should I do?
Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help!
Can you let me know which of our products you are using and what type of cable or converters you may be using to connect to your TV? We make a few different products that support HDMI output…
Can you also let us know what type of system you are using with our product?
Please let us know the additional information when you have a moment and we can go from there.
I have the USB 3.0 docking station. I’m using the HDMI connector that came with it and hooked that up to my TV. I’m running Windows 8.1, 64 bit.
Thanks for getting back! I’m going to guess you are using our UD-3000 dock that has a single native DVI output and are using the included passive DVI to HDMI adapter to connect a HDMI cable to your TV.
Assuming I am correct, the DVI output cannot carry an audio signal. While the converter allows the video signal to be converted from DVI to HDMI, it does not have any way to add in an audio signal to the stream.
In order to have audio carried over HDMI, you need to have a native HDMI output like is offered on our UD-3900 dual output docking station --> http://plugable.com/products/ud-3900
If audio over HDMI is a requirement, we do have a 30-day no-hassle return policy via the automated system at amazon.com/returns, so you could return the unit you have for a full refund and purchase the new unit with a native HDMI output.
Let us know if that helps, and we’ll go from there.
I am having a similar issue…but with native HDMI output. I have hdmi cable connected directly to the USB3.0 and to the TV and I keep dropping audio and it says the pluggable audio device is not plugged in when I look at playback devices. It sometimes fixes itself on reboot.
It sounds like you have a different issue then mentioned by the original poster in this older thread.
The first step is to ensure the DisplayLink driver (which includes the audio component) is working properly. Please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> http://displaylink.com/support/sla.ph… (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- If running Windows 10, Run Windows Update (Start > Settings > Update & security). Reboot if/when prompted. Repeat this process until there are no new updates found. This is important as Microsoft has been releasing frequent updates to Windows 10.
- Now download and install the 7.9 M3 DisplayLink software, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
If that helps, great! If not, please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Amazon Order ID number and the output of our PlugDebug utility -> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug and we’ll go from there.