No functionality on Asus Zenbook

Hello,

I have a TBT3-UDZ dock and am trying to use it with an Asus Zenbook UX310UA, which has a non-thunderbolt USB-C port (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/ZenBook/ASUS-ZenBook-UX310UA/). Unfortunately I’m getting no connectivity out of the dock; neither the display nor usb ports are functional. The blue light is on so it seems to be receiving power just fine and it’s also working flawlessly with my Macbook Pro. Is the dock just incompatible with the Zenbook or is there some driver that needs to be installed?

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about this issue!

Unfortunately, we know this model ASUS to be incompatible with any of our USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 docking station products. Unfortunately I can’t seem to access the specifications page on the ASUS website at this moment, but if my memory serves, the reason why is that it lacks USB-C VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode video output capabilities and USB-C Power Delivery charging. It only offers a basic data-only USB 3.0 over USB-C connection and cannot properly support the dock.

I’m terribly sorry!
Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.