No Extended Diplays

SP4 - Followed setup instructions connected one HDMI (2nd position) and one 22" Dell monitor (3rd position) when I booted the system the 22" dell (3rd position) came on for about 30 seconds the center 50" registered NO Signal. This was supposed to be seamless for the SP4 all USB ports are working Blue and Green lights are on just no extended displays HELP

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry your docking station isn’t working as expected, and I would be happy to help.

Just to confirm, you are using our Plugable UD-3900 docking station (http://amazon.com/dp/B00ECDM78E) connected to a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 system, correct? It sounds that way from your description, but I just wanted to make sure.

To the behavior you observed when connecting your Dell display to the DVI output and your TV to the HDMI output, the first thing to double-check is that the DVI to DVI cable for the Dell monitor is connected securely on both ends, and the same holds true for the HDMI to HDMI cable for the TV. Once double-checked, the next step is to ensure that the source inputs on both the Dell monitor and the TV are set correctly, in many cases displays with multiple inputs may not switch automatically.

If that helps, great! If not the next step is to reboot the system to help ensure the DisplayLink driver installation has completed.

Please let us know if that helps and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support