No Ethernet - MacBook Pro and UD-ULTCDL USB-C dock

I have a UD-ULTCDL USB-C dock and a 2017 13" Macbook Pro running macOS 10.13.3. I am getting power, but Ethernet is not working. Can I get some help?
I have tried clearing the volatile RAM, plugging/unplugging, looking for drivers… all to no avail.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for posting! I am sorry the Ethernet port in your UD-ULTCDL dock is not working as expected and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided and the troubleshooting you have already performed that is much appreciated. Based on your description of the behavior, I have a few quick additional questions for you…

1. If you switch the current Ethernet cable with a new cable (if you have one available) does that help? Apologies if the request is redundant, but in many similar cases the Ethernet cable itself was the cause.

2. When the Ethernet cable is connected to the dock, can you let me know the status of the indicator lights on the Ethernet port on the back of the dock itself? Typically there should be a solid green light and flashing amber light…

3. Would you happen to have a VOIP desk phone connected between the dock and the network connection? If yes, if you remove the VOIP phone and connect the dock directly to your network connection does the behavior change?

4. Would you happen to be in an environment that has security policies in place that require new wired network devices to be registered before they will work? This is typically the case in enterprise or educational environments.

Thank you in advance for your patience, and giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support