No Ethernet Connection

I just connected a new Plugable UD-CA1A to my new HP ProBook 450 G7 notebook running Windows 10.

Everything seems to be working, except for the Ethernet cable connection.

I have unplugged it and plugged it back in a few times… the yellow light shows, and a blinking green light shows.

I can not see any drivers to download or update.

Any idea what is wrong ?

Hello, thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that the Ethernet port on the dock is not working as expected and we’ll be happy to help!

Thanks for the description of the behavior and the steps taken to troubleshoot already. Does power cycling the docking station help by resetting the dock’s internal components?

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals, Ethernet and the HDMI display connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect docking station from your laptop if it is not already, then disconnect the power adapter from the back of the dock
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate
  4. Connect docking station initially into power only
  5. Connect docking station to your laptop, then connect USB peripherals, Ethernet and the HDMI display, then test for functionality

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Okay… I did all that, but it still did not work… so I shutdown the computer and re-started… looks like it is working now.

I tried shutting down before and rebooting, but that did not seem to help, but it is working now.

Are there drivers associated with the Plugable UD-CA1A ?

I could not see where to look for them.
The Ethernet Properties, shows “Connect Using: Realtek PCIeGbE Family Controller”.
Is that correct ?

Ken H

Hi Ken H, thanks for your reply and glad to hear that this is now working. There are no device specific drivers for our UD-CA1A docking station because it uses features offered by the system’s laptop’s port.

Our dock does use a Realtek Ethernet controller that you reference.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.