No duel monitor without rebooting/recycling device

I have a new docking station that I’m using with my Macbook M1 using Sonoma 14.2.1. I have no issues getting it connected to one monitor but I must recycle the docking station to get it to recognize the second monitor connected. I’m using the latest software. Suggestions?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry the UD-ULTCDL isn’t working as expected and I’ll be happy to assist.

Based on the information provided I’d like to gather some more information. This should help us get a more complete understanding of the issue to provide next steps.

The HDMI ports on the rear of the UD-ULTCDL are labelled “HDMI 1”, “HDMI 2”, and “HDMI 3”. The HDMI 1 port uses DP-alt mode from the attached computer to produce video on the connected display, and the HDMI 2 and 3 ports use DisplayLink technology which relies on the DisplayLink Manager.

As a result of the different ports using different technologies to produce video, there may be different causes of this behavior depending on which port the monitor not being recognized is connected to. With this in mind, can you please specify which HDMI port the monitor showing this problem is connected to?

You also mentioned in your message that you need to recycle the docking station to get it to recognize the second monitor connected. Just to clarify, by this do you mean that you need to unplug the dock’s power adapter and plug it back in to power cycle the dock? Or possibly are you unplugging the dock’s USB-C cable from your MacBook and plugging it back in to get both monitors working?

My apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to assist.

Sam
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.