Nix Capture Card Not Working

I purchased a Nix Capture Card from you a while back, it worked fine at first but now it no longer outputs a video signal to my pc. I can still use it for the passthrough to a display just fine, both audio and video show up on my monitor but when I go to it on my pc only the audio channel works. The video device shows up but only displays a completely black screen, I have tried restarting it several times as well as reseating all of the connectors but to no avail. I am hoping there is something I can do to fix it as it, maybe there is a firmware update or something, I don’t know. Anyways thanks for the help in advance.

Hello Rowan,

Thank you for contacting us!

I’m sorry to hear that there are problems getting the Plugable Performance NIX HDMI capture card working well with your PC. I’d like to help!

To start with, I’d like to gather some additional information.

• What is the make and model of the display that is being used?

• What console is this capture card being connected to?

• Before connecting the PC to the NIX capture card, were the video settings returned to defaults?

• Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to connect the console/PC?

I look forward to hearing back so that I may better assist.

Thanks,

Omar D.
Plugable Technologies

I figured out the issue, apparently the ps4 has built in DRM called HDCP that can be disabled by going to your system settings and then restarting your ps4.

Hello Rowan,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable with that additional information!

I’m happy to hear that your capture card is working as expected!

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Omar D.
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.