NIX capture card help!

I bought a NIX capture card and am having some issues. I use OBS studio and have configured according to your setup guide and FAQ. I can successfully output my Nintendo switch to my capture computer and see it in OBS.

However, When I try to output from my gaming computer, it is not working. My gaming computer has an AMD RX590 and I am using the lone HDMI out to go directly to the NIX outputting 1920x1080 at 60hz. On OBS I am seeing a flickering screen but not what is being displayed on my gaming computer. If I connect the NIX output directly to my other monitor as a pass-through I can see my display being properly mirrored so I know the signal is at least getting to the NIX. Is this a setting coming out of my gaming PC or a configuration in OBS that I need to fix? Please let me know as I am excited to begin using this!

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us on both our Support Forums and directly via email. We have sent over some additional information to your direct email, to see if we can resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Just to make sure we have the right information, are you attempting to stream and capture the signal from your PC using the same desktop, or do you have two systems, one for gaming, and one for streaming?

Did this issue occur as soon as you unplugged your switch system, and then connected the HDMI cable from your graphics card to the capture card, or after “deactivating” the capture card inside of OBS, and then inserting the cable?

When configuring the capture card inside of OBS, under the video format section, does it show as “YUY2” or “MJPEG”?

Is the capture card connected to the rear ports on your desktop, or the front case ports?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to the customer via this blog post, and directly via email, but have not received a response back.

If the customer would like to continue troubleshooting, or anyone else is running into the same issue, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support