Nintendo Switch Won't Recognize Device

My USB3-E1000 just arrived so I plugged it into my Nintendo Switch and I get error code 2110-1100. It doesn’t look like it’s connecting at all. I see no lights on my hub or on the E1000. I have plugged in the E1000 to my computer and it, along with the network cable, runs just fine. I should be able to plug this into the Nintendo Switch and enjoy, right? I have powered down the Nintendo Switch, unplugged the power, connected the E1000, re-connected the power, and turned on the Nintendo Switch. I quit after 3 attempts. Is there anything else I can try?

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! I do apologize for any trouble that you’ve had with our USB 3.0 Gigabit adapter, and I’ll be glad to help! I do want to respectfully clarify, that with the compatibility being unofficial, there are limits to the support that we can provide for Nintendo’s platform. With that said, are you able to turn of the WiFi connection? Perhaps the system is defaulting to the WiFi connection instead of the Ethernet? Have you tried other available USB ports and making sure the system is fully seated in the dock?

Are you connecting the Ethernet cable directly to a modem, or through a router? This may make a difference, and depending on your setup, I would suggest to try and switch things up if possible to see if that changes the result.

I have found a support article from Nintendo that may be helpful : https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22780/~/error-code%3A-2110-1100. I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions, please contact us at: support@plugable.com and we’ll be glad to help!

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
support@plugable.com

Thank you so much for the advice and links. I attempted all your suggestions and the Switch still wouldn’t connect to the adapter. This adapter connects to other computers but not the Switch. I will chalk this up to compatibility with the Switch either due to hardware or an update. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.