New TBT3-UDZ Only display ports working

My new TBT3-UDZ doesn’t seem to be working correctly out of the box. I’m connecting it to a 2021 16-inch Macbook Pro using the supplied USB-C cable and it seems like only the HDMI ports on the back are working. The headphone jack in the front doesn’t work (no audio device detected in OS either), the USB jacks on the front do not work (no USB connectivity but the USB-A port does provide 5v power), The USB ports on the back do not work (no connectivity). I’ve also tried connecting it to my laptop with a shorter USB-C cable that I used on my old dock and had the same issue (the cable worked fine on my old dock). Are there any drivers I need to install?

Last night I installed the macOS Monterey 12.2.1 update and the dock is working perfectly now. If you have the same problem, try an OS update and a reboot!

Hello Rick,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue where only video was working but no USB or audio. I am glad to hear the new update appears to have helped with the situation, thanks for having proactively tried that!

I will say with the newer M1 silicon based Macs we have seen more reports of odd USB behaviors than usual, so if you encounter any further issues with the dock functionality please don’t hesitate to let us know, or if you have any other questions.

We’ve also seen where if hitting an issue like this the following may be helpful:

When using an M1 based Mac we recommend the following steps if the dock isn’t properly detected, or devices attached through the dock are not detected:

1. Unplug the dock from the Mac and unplug power from the dock. Please leave the dock disconnected until the final step.
  2. Fully shutdown the Mac. (On your Mac, click the “Apple” menu and select “Shut Down”)
  3. After the Mac has shutdown, wait for 60-90 seconds, then turn the Mac back on.
  4. After logging back in, wait for 30-60 seconds, then plug power in to the dock and plug the dock in to the Mac and see if the behavior has improved.

If you do run into any additional issues, and if the above procedure doesn’t help, we have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:
http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

If/when emailing diagnostics results please mention ticket 371952 in the subject line, don’t attach it here.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.