New plugable tbt3-ud1-83 seems to die after 1 day?

I have a brand new plugable tbt3-ud1-83 SN 171600001 attached to a brand new macbook pro. The first time I connected them, things were fine. Today - I see no lights on ethernet, no output to external HDMI monitor. Tried the monitor and ether back in my old dock, and both are working. It seems the dock has died? No sign of fuctions, no sign that the macbook sees it.

Hello Doug,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

If you haven’t already done so, fully unplug the dock from all devices, power, and Thunderbolt 3 cable to the host computer. Wait about 30-60 seconds, then reconnect the power cable first, Thunderbolt 3 host cable next, and USB devices last. Sometimes a reset in this order can resolve this issue.

If that doesn’t help, try the dock on a different Thunderbolt 3 port.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Unplugged everything, including power, plugged power back in and the hub still seems dead.

A simple test of plugging in a live ethernet cable produces no link/traffic lights. Moving cable to old hub produces link / traffic lights.

It is if the entire hub died at first use.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the update!

Just to be sure, we’re talking about the TBT3-UD1 dock correct? Not a different hub product?

It sounds like we may need to offer you a pretested replacement dock under warranty, especially if you’ve already tried a different Thunderbolt 3 dock on the same computer and that is working fine.

Please contact us at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID #, serial # off the bottom of the dock, and the best shipping address.

Best,
Josh

From the original post: it is a tbt3-ud1-83 SN 171600001.

OK, I will contact support.

dougm