New plugable Dock TBT3-UDZ Two 32" Dell 4K monitors - One monitor goes blank off and on

We have setup a New MacBook Pro MAX with two Dell 4K 32" monitors connected with HDMI and one of the monitors keeps going blank every so often. Does this dock need the DisplayLink driver/app for Mac?.

Hello Pete,

Thank you for reaching out on the forums!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDZ, but I would be happy to help troubleshoot the issue here.

I noticed that you also reached out to us directly via email, and I responded there with the following message:

First, can you confirm that you are trying to connect to your laptop using the included Thunderbolt 3 cable that came with your dock? We’ve seen issues arise when a third party cable is used.

Next, can you clarify whether the issue seems to be localized to the monitor, or a port on the dock? To do this, can you verify that when you switch the ports on the dock that the monitors are connected to, that the issue either stays with the same monitor or transfers to the other monitor?

Next, some steps we’ll want to take are to perform a power-cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock back to a working state when one or more of its functions are not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals and displays connected to the dock

2. Disconnect the docking station from host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from power

3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate

4. Connect docking station initially into power only

5. Connect docking station to host machine, then connect USB peripherals and displays, then test for functionality

Please let me know if this helps at all.

Lastly, if the power cycle does not help, I’d like to request some logs from your device using our PlugDebug diagnostics tool. With everything still attached to the dock (even if it appears to not be working) please follow the instructions on our PlugDebug page and send the ZIP file back to us so we can take a look at the logs.

Thank you,

Evan

Plugable Technologies

www.plugable.com/support

Would you be able to try these troubleshooting steps and answer these questions so we can try to diagnose the issue here? I would not recommend sending the log files over this forum post though, so if you do need to collect logs, please send them over email.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.