New dock - multiple issues (crackling audio when connected to audio interface, screens flicker in and out, usb ports occasionally don't work)

Hello, I received a new TBT3-UDZ and I’m a bit sad that it seems to not be working correctly as it’s the perfect design for me. Some issues: 1) my audio interface will not work right when connected to the usb (the sound crackles). I need to connect it to my PC usb for it to work correctly. 2) one of my monitors on DP connection goes black occasionally, 3) my keyboard USB stops working periodically (I ended up connecting the USB to my PC.

Part of the problem seems to be the “load” on the device. I am trying to discern whether this unit is faulty or if it can’t handle all connections at once and thus this just isn’t the right dock for me. I ideally would have 2 monitors (dp and hdmi) + 1 usb to webcam + 1 usb to keyboard, + 1 usb to audio interface + 1 spare usb available at all times, but it seems like this is too much.

Hi Casey,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your Plugable TBT3-UDZ docking station and I would be happy to help.

The behavior you describe is not expected, so our next step is to get some additional information.

If you would, please send your answers to the questions below to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 329673’ in the email subject line. This will allow us to match things up and review some log files from your system in order to help determine the next steps.

** Please do not post this information here in our public forum. Please only send it within your direct email to support@plugable.com **

1. Can you please provide the brand and specific model number of the ‘Audio Interface’ (or provide us with a direct web link) you are connecting to the docking station? I would like to look up its specifications online.

2. Can you please let me know the brand and specific model number of the display connected via the DisplayPort cable that is not working as expected? For example, Dell U2412M or HP 24es.

3. There are two display output groups on the back of the dock, labeled ‘Display 1’ and ‘Display 2’. Can you please let me know which display group the DisplayPort display is connected to?

4. Can you please let me know the brand and specific model number of the display connected via the HDMI cable that is in fact working as expected?

5. Can you please confirm that you are using only the 0.8 meter long 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 cable we included in the box with the dock in order to connect it to your laptop? I ask because other cables can sometimes cause problems.

6. Can you please provide the Amazon Order ID number for your TBT3-UDZ purchase?

7. While the USB keyboard is connected to the dock and the next time the keyboard stops working as expected, can you please keep everything connected (even though the keyboard is not working) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

** Reminder - please send your answers to the questions above to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 329673’ in the email subject line. This will allow us to match things up and review some log files from your system in order to help determine the next steps. Please do not post this information in our public forum. Please only send it within your direct email to support@plugable.com **

Apologies again for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.