Netflix and other streaming services not playing in HD with Plugable Docking Station 3.0

Hi, I’ve been using this product for a while and noticed that streaming services don’t play in HD when in the browser. Mostly Netflix and HBO Max, Netflix not even playing in HD in the Netflix Windows app. I have the same issue with my phone and I know it’s because I don’t have an advanced version of Widevine on there as a security measure and I’m pretty sure it’s a similar DRM-related issue here. These work in HD if I watch on my laptop screen itself or connect a monitor to it without the docking station so it’s definitely your product, is there any way to fix this or should I get a different product that allows me to stream media in full HD?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us! I will be happy to assist with your query.

I am afraid that our UD-3900 Docking Station does not support HDCP and it will not playback encrypted or copy-protected content.

The behaviour you described is how different platforms react to the lack of HDCP support. Some like Netflix will not play at all, while others will drop the quality, but will still allow playback.

We try and point it out the best we can in our listings, but we do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We also offer a 30-day no hassle return policy on Amazon.com/returns if you find that your UD-3900 does not meet your needs.

Kind regards,

Aga
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.