Need to reinstall drivers each time I boot the computer (need to repeatedly reinstall driver)

I am running 64-Bit Windows 7 Pro. Each time I reboot the PC, the computer cannot find the driver for the Pluggable Bluetooth USB Adapter (Bluetooth 4.0 LE/ Model USB-BT4LE).
I am able to “update driver” and “search my PC” by entering “C:\Windows\System32” into the field to be searched and it installs fine. But, this will be too much hassle for my wife to be happy.
If I knew which folder holds the driver within “C:\Windows\System32” has the driver and which folder Windows 7 thinks that the driver should be in, would it be possible to cut (or copy) and paste the appropriate folder to the right place? Thanks.

Also, I am in the midst of converting this PC to a dual-boot Ubuntu (Linux) 16.0.4 machine. Will I need to do anything besides use the provided CD/ROM to load drivers for the Linux system? Thanks.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your message.

I’m not sure what is causing the error you’re experiencing on Windows 7. If possible I’d like to review a PlugDebug log.

To do this, please e-mail us at support@plugable.com and reference case #226561 and include a PlugDebug log that is generated using our diagnostic tool at https://plugable.com/support/plugdebu…

With regards to the Linux system. Linux kernels after June 2012 or so have support for this adapter. Support has been back ported to kernels back to later point releases of stable kernels 3.0+, specifically 3.0.34, 3.2.20, and all versions of 3.4 and higher.

I look forward to receipt of your message via e-mail.

Thanks!