my VGA monitor doesn't recognize that it is attached to a docking station. It keeps going to sleep as if it wasn't connected to anything.

All of my other devices are working fine. I used the DVI/VGA adapter, I ahve re-installed the drivers, checked my connections and used the Windows Key + P to make sure I am duplicating the image. Nothing wakes the monitor up - just a very brief flash that says “VGA: no input.” Any ideas?

Display Link Dual monitor docking station with Superspeed USB 3.0
Compaq Q1859 monitor

Hi Nick,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that our dock isn’t working as expected with your monitor and I’ll be happy to help.

Thanks for the description of the behavior you are seeing as well as letting us know the steps you have taken to resolve it. Based on your description, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected (even though nothing is displaying on your monitor). Please send the file that is created to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 137766’ in the subject line so we can match everything up.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for the prompt reply; however, I figured it out myself. Thanks again.