My TBT3-UDC3's wired internet keeps losing connection

Quite often every day I have to unplug my ethernet cable from the docking station and reinsert it to get the internet working. Sometime even if the wireless is on I can’t connect to the internet until I reset the cable. I have been using it for about a week now and I have tried to update the Realtek drivers and I even did a refresh on Windows 11. I have a MSI Summit e16 Flip with 32G of ram.

Hello Brian,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDC3, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issue.

First, can you confirm that you are trying to connect to your laptop using the included Thunderbolt 3 cable that came with your dock? We’ve seen issues arise when a third party cable is used.

Next, can you confirm that this issue is present no matter which Thunderbolt 4 port you connect the dock to on your laptop?

Lastly, do you happen to have another ethernet cable you can try connecting to the dock to verify that this is not a cabling issue with the current ethernet cable?

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.