My plugable 2-outlet power strip is slow charging my samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition, can this be improved?

I have the PLUGABLE 2-OUTLET DESKTOP POWER STRIP WITH 4-PORT USB CHARGER, from the list I see other Samsung devices and assumed my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition would work well with it. Yet it is much slower to charge and if I use it while plugged in via USB it can’t charge faster than it draws. Is there a way to fix this? Or should I look for another product?

PS It’s the 2 outlet, 4 usb port device, I couldn’t find it in the list of product/service when posting this.

Hello,

Sorry to hear the charging of your tablet is slow on our charger. If the speed is the same in all four ports I would believe that there might be a compatibility issue with your particular model tablet and our charger.

If you look at your stock charger from Samsung, does it say what specs it is on it?

For example something like 5V, 2.4A?

Output 5.3V -.-.-.- 2.0A

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the info. Very interesting, it would seem Samsung decided to use a non-standard voltage for the USB output on their charger. It’s very possible your tablet model requires the higher voltage (5.3) to charge at the maximum rate.

We have several other Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets in the office that charge fine at 5V from our smart chargers, presumably because all of the stock chargers for Samsung we have are 5V / 2A or 5V / 2.4A.

Worst case scenario we may need to mark your model tablet as not compatible with our smart chargers and of course if you need we can assist in returning the product if it’s not going to work out for you.