my macbook air m2 is not working with the plugable it doesn’t show on my additional screen
Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.
For your reference, macOS has specific instructions to get our products working as expected.
The first step we’ll want to take is to make sure the DisplayLink software is freshly installed, and special permissions are applied. To do so, please follow these steps:
****Please ensure that the Plugable provided USB cable is being used to connect the dock to the system. **
1) Disconnect the dock from the system, and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important, so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step
2) Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Application Folder by moving it into the Trash and Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, move onto the next step
3) Once the Program has been uninstalled, reboot your computer (even if not prompted to)
4) Download and install the Latest 1.7.1 DisplayLink software (https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Manager+Graphics+Connectivity1.7.1-EXE.pkg)
Special permissions need to be enabled in macOS*
5) Click on the DisplayLink Manager app icon from the notification area to open the app window. This confirms the software is installed and running properly.
5.5) Select “Launch automatically after logging in” for the software to start automatically every time you log in.
6) Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect the dock to your system
7) Navigate to your System Preferences to open Security & Privacy
8) Enable “Screen Recording” to allow the DisplayLink Manager app to capture pixels and send them to your USB peripheral:
- Please select the "Privacy” tab.
- Navigate to “Screen Recording” in the list on the left.
- Then tick the “Screen Recording” permission for DisplayLink Manager.
9) Because the new permission will only be active the next time you start the application, macOS will invite you to** “Quit & Reopen.”** Please accept.
More info about this process can be found here.
Once the installation is complete, please click on the DisplayLink Manager logo will show in the Menu Bar. It will be grey when the dock is disconnected (Connection status will show: No monitor detected) and white when connected (Connection status will show: Monitor detected).
If these steps help, great! If not, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the device connected to your system, then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?
Once you have the logs, simply send an email to email@example.com with the subject line of “Ticket 387692” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.
If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.
Thank you for giving us the chance to help!
This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.