My Docking Station USB Ethernet Will Not Connect

I recently purchased a Plugable USB 2.0 Docking Station. I am trying to use the Ethernet slot in the back to connect to my company’s LAN. When I connect the Ethernet into the docking station, I don’t receive a LAN connection. When I connect the Ethernet into my laptop, I receive the LAN connection. I installed the network drivers from the CD in the Windows Drivers folder. Then I rebooted but it still didn’t give me a LAN connection. Then I went to your website and installed the driver for Windows 7 64 bit and attached it to the ASIX AX99772A USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter device. Still, it won’t connect to the company’s LAN.

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit. When connected, the lights in the back of the docking station don’t light up when I insert the ethernet cable, or they will light up for a second then go out.

Thank you!

Hi princessmimzy,

Thanks for posting here! I’m sorry to know that you are having trouble getting connectivity through the Ethernet port on the Plugable Docking Station UD-160-A. We will get the issue fixed.

Just shoot us an email at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID along with a link to this thread and we will take care of the issue.

Regards,
Roze

I sent my Amazon Order ID by email to support@plugable.com.