Must uninstall/reinstall driver to get working - Displaylink UD-6950

About once a week, my Plugable Displaylink UD-6950 gets “tired” and requires a reset. I’ve tried the solution where I unplug the device for 30 seconds completely (all cables). However, recently this has stopped working for me. Now the device gets even more fatigued.

The only way I can get it working now is to completely uninstall the driver from my laptop, and reinstall it. This is quite frustrating to have to do. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I experience it with two separate laptops (with fresh Windows 10 installations).

Best,
Ben

Hi Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

This is definitely not the expected behavior of the dock, but based on the two processes that restore the connectivity it could be either hardware or software related and I would like to get some additional details to proceed with troubleshooting.

The reset where the docking station is unplugged for 30 seconds with all devices disconnected helps to reset the hardware in the docking station, while the DisplayLink software removal and re-installation on the computer ( or computers ) normally only resolves issues with the software on the computer and not the hardware in the docking station.

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system.

If you would, please keep the dock connected and both monitor(s) connected to the dock and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #326732 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.