Multiple monitors for Surface Pro 3

We have a Surface Pro 3 i5-4300 which we need to have two external monitors run through it. It has a mini-display port on the Surface and the two monitors one has an HDMI, VGA, DVI ports, and the other has a VGA, DVI port to choose from. What would we need to best run these monitors and get approx. the same screen resolution / look. Doing some accntg. in Excel and need to have similar screens.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am happy to answer your question!

Based on your description our UD-3900 USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station ( https://plugable.com/products/ud-3900 ) is a good starting point. This docking station supports two 1080P monitors using an HDMI output as well as a DVI output ( cables not included ). Additionally, the docking station has four USB 2.0 ports, two USB 3.0 ports, gigabit Ethernet and 3.5mm stereo headphone/microphone jacks. If the two external displays are similar in size and resolution they should look very similar together, however since they are from different manufacturers, they may have differences in color or image sharpness.

Performance of the external monitors should be fine for office productivity tasks and web browsing, however we do not recommend relying on these displays for video playback and the docking station does not support gaming.

If the monitors are greater than 1080P resolution or you are unsure, please let me know the model numbers of the displays and I can provide some other options.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello Ray,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support