Mouse enters erratic clicks when connected through USB 3.0

I have been using the USB 3.0 as a docking station through a USB A/B switch to my desktop and MSI windows 10 laptop for a few years with no major issues. Several months ago I noticed the USB mouse right clicking randomly while I was highlighting scrolling etc… on the laptop in all applications. The mouse also seems to have more lag than before. When I plug the mouse directly into the laptop this problem does not occur. I have installed the Dell patch and the most recent DisplayLink software and the problem still occurs. Windows is up to date and all devices have been rebooted. Any suggestions?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your UD-3900 docking station is not functioning as expected with your mouse, and would be happy to provide additional support.

For my reference, does this issue occur even when all other devices are disconnected from the dock, and the dock is directly connected to your laptop (bypassing the switch)?

To help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your laptop and everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 351498” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

The problem occurs with and without other accessories or desktop PC plugged in as well as with the A-B switch bypassed.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for letting me know, and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Moving forward, I will be reviewing your logs via your direct ticket.

I will update this forum post with additional details when possible as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.