Mouse Cursor Smoothness with Plugable usb3 hdmi usb 3.0

Hi there,

I’m a proud new user of the Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI USB 3.0 Adapter. I’m using it with a Mac Pro i5 2013 model which is now sending out a signal to my DELL u2412m through the MinidisplayPort and to a quite old Toshiba Tekbright 22 inch LCD through my USB 3.0 port.

Everything is working perfectly well, the only thing that bothers me a little is the cursor smoothness (or moving things around on the Desktop) on the Toshiba working with the Plugable Adapter. It unfortunately isn’t as “smooth” as on the DELL.

The Toshiba is running with 60hz on 1680x1050, the smoothness gets a little better when I reduce the resolution giving me the option to increase the Hz to 75. This issue has got nothing to do with my wireless mouse as it also occurs solely using the trackpad of the MacBook while unplugging my wireless mouse. Has anyone experienced something similar? Any ideas how to increase the smoothness?

Thanks a bunch,

Tim

Mine was working perfectly (HP Envy dv6 with icore 7) and now the mouse keeps stalling with the hdmi/usb adapter plugged in. It’s a real problem as I’ve become very used to having 2 large screens hdmi and vga as my desktop.
Please assist.
Greg

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I’d be happy to help you with the problems you are experiencing with the mouse performance. In order to better assist you, we’ll need some additional information.

Can you please contact us at support@plugable.com. When you send us an email there, can you please include the logs produced by our tool Plugdebug.

www.plugable.com/plugdebug

Regards,

Stephen
Plugable Technologies