Mouse control lost after waking up

My computer works great until it goes to sleep. When I wake it the mouse will not work so I have to use the touchpad. If I disconnect the USB-C cable and reconnect it then mouse control comes back. However this is inconvenient because then all my open windows are moved to the laptop screen.

Computer is a Dell G5 SE and the docking station is USB-C 4K 3 Monitor

Note: My 2nd laptop a Latitude 7390 doesn’t have this issue on the same docking station. It sleeps and wakes and mouse control is fine.

Hello Jose,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We haven’t tested the Dell G5 SE ourselves unfortunately. In my research I wasn’t able to find any other customers who’ve contacted us about this issue. Since your Latitude 7390 isn’t having the issue, that at least lets us know this shouldn’t be hardware related.

To try and get a better understanding of the issue, do other USB devices still work correctly?

As a test, instead of disconnecting the USB-C cable and reconnecting it, what happens if you just unplug the mouse and plug it back in? Does this restore mouse functionality as well?

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.