Monitors flickering [3 extended from my docking staging]

Product: Plugable USB-C 4K docking station [Display Link] plug & display
Ordered from Amazon: March 25, 2019
Issue: Monitors Flickering | On & Off | L
Description: Monitors start flickering and shutting on and off, have to restart Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop. It is good for a bit then it starts again.
Never had an issue.

The light on the docking station [for the to host] that connects to my Leveno X1 Carbon thinkpad, goes off and on.

I have attempted all of the following steps:
Troubleshooting 1:
uninstalled display link
rebooted
installed display link
starts back up , but lasts only 15 minutes and the monitors start flickering and the green light on the docking station goes on and off

Troubleshooting 2
installed the BIOs as directed by tech support
same issue works a bit then fails again

Troubleshooting 3
disconnected all the cables
pause for a few minutes
reconnect
same issue arise

Been working with Tech support provided log files

Do I need to replace the docking staging?

thanks
Susan

I

Hello Susan,

Thanks for contacting Plugable support! I’m sorry to hear about this display issue through your Plugable docking station, but I’d be happy to help!

Thank you for the description of the issue. We would be glad to help with a replacement should your unit be defective. Before proceeding this way, however, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate better what could be going wrong, as we could be dealing with a driver issue.

Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your system (with the non-working displays still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

In the message, please include the following detail:
• Reference case ID “347266."
We look forward to hearing back from you so that we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Omar D.
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.