Monitors constantly blinking on and off

I’ve got two Sceptre 24E HDMI monitors connected, one to the DVI port via the DVI-HDMI adapter and one to the HDMI port. The monitors will constantly flash on and off and the computer runs super slow. If I disconnect one of the monitors, it works fine from there.

This is using an HP laptop, Windows 10 Pro. I’ve downloaded and installed the drivers from the plugable website.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

I’d be happy to take a closer look at this issue via email.

I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable adapter connected to your system (with the non-working displays still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

This file can be sent to support@Plugable.com

In the meantime, Let’s perform a power cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the hub to a working state when it is not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals connected to the hub
  2. Disconnect the hub from the host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from the power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for the power to dissipate
  4. Connect the hub initially into power only
  5. Connect the hub to the host machine, then connect USB peripherals and test for functionality

Please let me know if these steps work for you.

Thank you for allowing us to help!

Good morning. I have (2) MSI monitors plugged into the USB ports of my UD-3900. Several times during the day, the monitors will go dark, and blink several times before restoring to use. During this time, my laptop freezes up. (It just happened again while typing this post). Both monitors and my MSI GS66 Stealth, running Windows 10, are plugged into the docking station. I day trade during the day and cannot afford for this to continue. Can anyone help?

Hello Sparky,

I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable graphics adapter connected to your system (with the non-working display still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

Please include ticket #355310-OD in the subject and I’d be happy to take a look off the forums.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Good morning Omar,

I am having a very difficult time attaching the debugging file to send to you. As soon as can attch it to a response in this forum or in an email, I will send it to you immediately.

Same problem here, Win 10 pro Lenovo laptop + 2 monitors (HDMI + HDMI via HDMI<->DVI adapter), both 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz + several USB devices (headset, printer, mouse, keyboard).

Really tedious. Every now and then, e.g. in the middle of online meeting, the computer freezes and monitors go blank for a while.

I’ve followed different instructions from software cleaning/installation to disconnecting USBs + rebooting. Yes, things work ok for a while after that, but the problems appear again.

I just wanted to have a reliable dock, but UD-3900 with my hardware setting doesn’t seem to be one of them, it is almost unusable to me. Or can you come up with a suggestion that would solve the problem permanently?

I replaced one of the HDMI monitors with a DVI monitor and that seems to work. It certainly seems like having two HDMI monitors is problematic.

Strangely enough, I have not had a problem since Friday 10/15. I don’t know what changed as I was unable to send the data logs to plagable support.

It looks like everyone here is having the same problem.
My 2nd monitor just locks up periodically and goes ‘blank screen’ -
After couple of minutes it comes back online but it’s frustrating.
Any solutions yet?
Thx,
Johnny

Hello Sparky, Thank you for that update!

The ZIP file from the debugger can also be uploaded to google drive and shared with our support team via email.

Please email us directly @ support@Plugable.com if you have any issues with this process.

Thanks,

Hello, @esa @JohnnywLittle,

I would like to look at these issues a bit more off of the forums.

Can you navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) and follow the instructions there?

Please include 355310 in the subject.

Thank you for allowing us to help,

1 Like

Thx Omar,
Ryoma worked w/me via email and we resolved it.
While she gave me a number of things to try out, the most basic and first recommended solved it.
I just went down the list of devices, one by one, removing them, reengaging the USB until the ‘USB error’ went away. It turned out to be a USB Iphone charger plate (the wireless kind, although I don’t know if that matters). Once this was removed and plugged elsewhere, the problem seems to have gone away.
No need for registry changes etc…-(so nice:-)
I would recommend anyone having troubles where previously it was fine, to trace their same steps backwards to what’s likely an input device causing the issue.
An old friend and good tech used to always ask customers - “What was the last thing you did before you started noticing the problem” - More often than not, that was it.
Thx for your help.
Johnny :grin:

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for the update!

I’m happy that Ryoma was able to help get your device working as expected.

That is off that the iPhone charging cable was causing this issue.

I will add this to my troubleshooting notes.

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Omar D.
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.