Monitors constantly blinking on and off

I’ve got two Sceptre 24E HDMI monitors connected, one to the DVI port via the DVI-HDMI adapter and one to the HDMI port. The monitors will constantly flash on and off and the computer runs super slow. If I disconnect one of the monitors, it works fine from there.

This is using an HP laptop, Windows 10 Pro. I’ve downloaded and installed the drivers from the plugable website.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

I’d be happy to take a closer look at this issue via email.

I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable adapter connected to your system (with the non-working displays still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

This file can be sent to support@Plugable.com

In the meantime, Let’s perform a power cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the hub to a working state when it is not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals connected to the hub
  2. Disconnect the hub from the host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from the power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for the power to dissipate
  4. Connect the hub initially into power only
  5. Connect the hub to the host machine, then connect USB peripherals and test for functionality

Please let me know if these steps work for you.

Thank you for allowing us to help!

Good morning. I have (2) MSI monitors plugged into the USB ports of my UD-3900. Several times during the day, the monitors will go dark, and blink several times before restoring to use. During this time, my laptop freezes up. (It just happened again while typing this post). Both monitors and my MSI GS66 Stealth, running Windows 10, are plugged into the docking station. I day trade during the day and cannot afford for this to continue. Can anyone help?

Hello Sparky,

I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable graphics adapter connected to your system (with the non-working display still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

Please include ticket #355310-OD in the subject and I’d be happy to take a look off the forums.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Good morning Omar,

I am having a very difficult time attaching the debugging file to send to you. As soon as can attch it to a response in this forum or in an email, I will send it to you immediately.