monitor status always on

I have an HP Pavilion dv7 laptop running windows 7, 64-bit. I am using the Plugable UD-160-A USB 2.0 Universal Docking Station. When my laptop is not being used and is in sleep mode, the extended display (HP 2311x) goes dark also. The problem is that the Monitor Status dialog box stays on and will constantly scroll through the DVI/HDMI/VGI settings looking for a signal. How can I stop the scrolling from happening continuously? When the laptop is not in use, I would expect the monitor to go to sleep also.

On the Monitor Status box, the Auto-Switch Source is On and the default source is DVI.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Hector,

Thanks for posting your question about getting the monitor status message to turn off. This status message should turn off after 5 seconds, but since that’s not happening try changing the Auto-Switch Source to “Off” and see if that makes a difference. You’ll want to make sure the Default Source is correct for what you are using.

Let us know how it goes, I hope this helps!
Jerome.

I tried setting the auto switching to off, the issue is still around when the laptop goes into sleep mode.

Hi Hector,

Does the external monitor wake up when the laptop wakes up? Because there’s no signal on the Video output of the Docking Station when the laptop is asleep, the computer has no control over the behavior of the monitor during sleep. It maybe an intended behavior of the monitor, or there may be a setting to suppress the message, the manufacturer would be able provide a more detailed answer. Let us know if the display is failing to wake or the Docking Station isn’t working in some way, we’ll be glad to help. Sorry I can’t be more helpful about the monitor behavior.

Thanks!
Jerome.

Jerome, thanks for your help. I’ll try HP Tech Support.

Your Welcome Hector, sorry we couldn’t do more!

Jerome.