Monitor Resolution MAC M2

Hi all.

I’m currently working with a MACBOOK pro 13 inch with a M2 processor.

I’ve connected both of my external monitors to the MacBook Pro and the UD-6950Z has detected both with no problem. My only issue is that the monitors I have have a 3x2 display ratio and there is no 1920*1280 resolution.

When I connect the monitors directly to the MacBook that’s the resolution that works best.

Is there any way to set this resolution through the Docking Station?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your UD-6950Z docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

One suggestion would be to use an app called SwitchResX as seen here: https://www.madrau.com/. SwitchResX has helped quite a few users take control of their settings with their external monitors. This app may be of help here in this case as well.

If this helps, great! If not, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the device connected to your system, then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 387313” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi I just tried the app you recommended, nevertheless there was no luck configuring the resolution needed, for some reason the resolution never activates and the status is Not Activated - Invalid:

I’ll go ahead and send you the email with the logs as requested.

Hi Rodrigo,

Thank you for letting me know! Just to mirror our internal email thread for future reference, I have copied the same information below:

I see this Mateview monitors supports 3840x2560 resolution. Unfortunately, that means that the 1920x1280 won’t be compatible through our UD-6950Z dock because this dock itself only supports up to 3840x2160 resolution.

To explain this further, macOS supports fixed UI scaling (either 1x or 2x the resolution listed). You can see this in your System Information logs where macOS describes this as “Resolution” versus “UI Looks like”, example below:

macOS is using larger UI assets (2x) while rendering your screen in double the pixels. That means it isn’t possible to select 1920x1280 resolution, as that would mean the true resolution would be 3840x2560 which isn’t supported by the dock. Therefore, the highest option would be 1920x1080, which would be 3840x2160.

I know this can be confusing, so if you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.