Monitor Refresh rate stucks in 60 hz Mac and Windows

since like one month ago, without any apparent reason. the refresh rate on the 2 external monitors was stucked in 60Hz or 50hz.
ia have 2 monitors one about 72HZ as top refresh rate and the other one in 144hz.
It works perfectly but suddenly this happens. In Mac, perhaps because i turned to the latest Ventura OS? maybe?
but whats about in Windows, same issue… any clue?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

This docking station uses two graphics technologies to support up to three external displays.

The HDMI 1 output port can support a display up to 4K 30Hz, or lower resolution at 60Hz. This output port is controlled directly by the host computer and may be capable of higher refresh rates (for example 1920x1080 resolution at 75, or 100Hz may be possible ) however we recommend a maximum of 60Hz refresh rate.

The HDMI 2 and HDMI 3 output ports are controlled by the DisplayLink USB Graphics Technology, these are limited to 60Hz refresh rate in hardware. The macOS Display Settings panel may allow for setting higher refresh rates, however the actual output is limited to 60Hz in hardware.

When using three 1080P (1920x1080) displays we recommend setting all three displays to 60Hz refresh rate, higher refresh rates may be possible on the HDMI 1 output, but are not supported.

I am sorry, most likely the displays were not operating at 144Hz before, rather the Apple Display Settings menu was showing an unavailable refresh rate, updating to macOS Ventura may have resolved this issue within the macOS Display Settings panel.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, please let me know if you have any additional questions, or if there is anything else I can do to help.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com