Monitor on Display HDMI1 Blanks Out Occasionally

Hi, I recently got this USBC-6950UE Adapter - and shortly after I began using it, the display blanks out from the port1 HDMI connection.

I have moved the cables between the ports and the problem stays with Port 1. I’m running Windows 11. I have not installed any software or drivers because it looked like they were for 10.0 and below.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Joel,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry to hear that your USBC-6950UE is not working as expected, and I will be happy to troubleshoot this with you.

Can I please get a few more details from you regarding this?

1. Can you please let us know the make and model of monitor you are using? Are your monitors designed to run at a refresh rate higher than 60Hz?
  2. Can you please let us know if you are using HDMI or DisplayPort cables?
  3. Can you please try running the DisplayLink driver cleaner steps to assure that both the USBC-6950UE and the DisplayLink drivers are in good working order? You can do this by following our step by step instructions here. → https://kb.plugable.com/docking-stations-and-video/373346-my-displaylink-based-dock-or-adapter-is-not-working

If the above does not result in any we would like to look at some diagnostic logs gathered by our PlugDebug tool. If you are open to doing so please keep both monitors connected to the USBC-6950UE that you normally would (even if they are not working!). Once PlugDebug has finished there will be a newly exported file located on your desktop, please then email us at support@plugable.com referencing ticket # 385315 and attach the PlugDebug output. → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

We do apologize for the trouble, and I look forward to your next update.

Sean // plugable.com/support

Hi, thanks for the reply. Thought I might get notified via email - so sorry for the delayed reply.

1. Anyway - I’m using Samsung LU28R55 - they’re 4K monitors with a max refresh of 60Hz
  2. Using HDMI
  3. Removed drivers, ran clean utility and installed newest drivers

Everything looks good for now - it would fail kinda randomly so hard to say if that fixed it - but will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

That’s great to hear!

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you do run into any further issues, we’re here to help!

Sean

Hi, looks like the issue is still happening :frowning:

Do I need to run the utility during a failure? Or will there be evidence of the issue even after the display comes back active?

I’ll go ahead and run the utility and forward it to you - hopefully it will have captured the issue.

Thanks

Hello Joel,

I’m sorry to hear that!

There is no need to wait for a failure, we can do our best to determine what may be the cause by grabbing the logs when you are able to.

Please as a reminder email those to us at support@plugable.com referencing ticket # 385315. As the logs can contain personal information, please do not share them here.

I will keep a lookout for your email.

Sean

this is useful information

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.