Monitor not working with UGA-3000

looking to add Acer K222HQL monitor as external. Using Plugable UGA-3000 with DVI hookup. Downloaded all drivers and followed directions. I keep getting monitor blinking " no signal". Can you help? all hardware was checked to be in working order. Sent an email with zip file. I haven’t gotten a response yet

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Unfortunately we have not received an email with your details, if you would like to resend the email to support@plugable.com with the subject line “Ticket#215834 Attention Pat” it should be sent my way. If the PlugDebug zip file is too large it may have caused the email to not be received correctly ( our email size limit is 7MB ).

As for the monitor not showing any screen, lets start by checking if the monitor is detected inside of Windows. Assuming you are running Windows 10, please right click on the desktop and select “Display settings” from the drop-down menu. If the display is detected, it should show up in the diagram at the top of the screen, use the “Identify” button to help map the physical monitors to the boxes in the diagram.

If available, select the box from the diagram that represents your monitor and scroll to the bottom of the page, from the drop down menu under “Multiple displays” select “Extend these displays”.

Please let me know if this helps, if not we can continue from there.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the PlugDebug log files! Based on the logs it appears the monitor is being detected by the system and it is enabled.

One common issue we see is the monitor failing to detect the correct input port. To manually select the input, please press the Function button ( next to the power button ) this should bring up the monitor’s On Screen Display. One of the options should be labeled “Input” press the corresponding button until DVI is selected.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Pat windows is not identifying external monitor and pressing the function button on the external monitor did not bring up the on screen display

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for checking the monitor and the display settings, based on those results, our next step is to reset the adapter and perform a ‘clean’ installation of the required DisplayLink drivers to help ensure both are in a good state. Please perform the following:

1. Disconnect the adapter from the system so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
  2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
  3. Download and run the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner utility, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
  5. Now download and install the 8.4 M0 DisplayLink software, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
  6. Reconnect the adapter to your system. If the device is not detected, please reboot the system.

Please let us know if that helps get things working how they should, and we’ll go from there.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Pat
I did as suggested in last email and still no response other than a no signal on external monitor. This is disheartening. I was looking for something quick and easy. Is the part bad?