Monitor not sleeping via DisplayLink

Hi,
I’ve just upgraded my Plugable USB 3.0 docking station from the 3000 to the 3900 to support multiple displays for my Surface Pro. I have one display connected at the moment, DVI to DVI on my Dell E228wfpc monitor. The display works perfectly…except that when the display enters sleep mode, I get the “power on, no input connected” test screen instead of a sleep mode. This wasn’t a problem when the monitor was directly connected to the Surface via its mini DisplayPort connection. Ideas?

Hi Sean,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I’d be more than happy to assist you with your Plugable UD-3900 docking station. In order to figure out what exactly is going on, we’ll need some additional information.

First, did you have this problem at all when you were using the UD-3000 docking station?

Second, is it possible for you to try a different DVI cable? If so, is the behavior the same or different?

Lastly, can you please run our log gathering tool Plugdebug when the monitor is connected to the UD-3900. Simply go to this site, follow the prompts there, and send the resulting .zip file to support@plugable.com.

Regards,

Stephen
Plugable Technologies