Monitor is in a cycle of rebooting

I’m using a MacBook 12" with Samsung 4K monitor. When I put the Mac to sleep the monitor keeps cycling on and off. Not sure what to do.

Hi Max, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear of this behavior with our dock and I’ll be happy to help!

Thanks for the description of what you are seeing, it is certainly strange behavior that we haven’t heard of before. Would you be able to let us know the specific model of Samsung 4K monitor that you are using? We have seen some odd issues when using Samsung monitors on Mac systems in the past, but I cannot declare anything with certainty for your specific combination with our docking station.

Please let us know this additional information whenever you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for the quick response here is the model number. Please let me know if you need any other info.

LU28E590DS/ZA

Thanks for the reply, Max. Nothing immediately is coming to mind in terms of an incompatibility, so we will want to do our best to isolate the behavior. If you haven’t done so already, and if they are available to you, would you be able to swap the HDMI cable that is being used with another one just to make sure that the cable is the culprit? If swapping the HDMI cable does not help, would you be able to swap the monitor being use with another HDMI monitor? This can help isolate the issue further to that specific unit.

Please let us know if changing any of those two pieces of equipment in the connection chain helps and we will go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support