Monitor Arrangement lost after fast user switching, or wake from sleep

I have a new M1 Mackbook and the 4K Displaylink dock. It seems to have difficulty maintaining monitor arrangement after sleep, or after fast user switching. Sometimes unplugging the dock and plugging it back in works. Other times it does not. OS 11.22

Hi Joe,

Thank you for contacting us! I am sorry that things are not working as expected with your UD-6950 Docking Station and I’d be happy to help.

The behaviour you’ve described is definitely not expected and our next step is to get some additional information.

If you would, please send a direct email to support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket 336042’ in the subject line with the following information:

1. The Amazon Order ID number for your UD-6950 purchase (required to confirm warranty status)
  2. While the dock is connected to your MacBook and the displays are connected to the dock (even if not working as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug
  3. Could you also please confirm what video cables you use to connect the monitors to the dock?
  4. You mentioned ‘difficulty maintaining monitor arrangement’, can you please confirm what exactly you mean by that? Do the monitors ‘move places’ or do they switch to mirrored instead of extended? Or do they do something completely different?

This information will both allow us to match things up as well as help us determine the next steps.

** Please do NOT post this information in our public forum, only provide it within your direct email **

Apologies again for the frustration and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Aga
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.