Monitor and power supply issues

Hi I’ve just set up my new UD-3900 and so far so good but do have a couple of issues !,
Firstly, I’m running an ASUS T200 with 8.1 and two viewsonic VX2245wm monitors (conn’d 1xDVI-DVI and 1xHDMI-DVI)
When I first log on to my laptop the main screen displays fine but both monitors whilst they power up will only display a blue screen. They only display the background desktop image once I drag an open application window into the monitor itself, if I only drag the app into screen 2 then this is ok but screen 3 remains blue until I then drag an app into that screen, why do screens not reflect main laptop screen from log-on ?
Secondly, when plugging a USB memory stick into one of front USB ports the power to the docking station disconnects for a moment, the docking station powers down, screens 2 and 3 go to standby then all fire back up again once power reconnects, the wobbly power input plug at rear of unit seems to be the issue, its pushed in as far as it will go but that is only about 2/3rds of its length and I’m reluctant to push the plug in any further, nothing is dragging the supply cable away from the docking station to unintentionally unplug it but it just doesn’t appear to be ‘fully home’.
What can be done to ensure power supply remains secure within power socket on back of the docking station ?
I have already uninstalled drivers, run clean-up exe and reinstalled drivers from the plugable.com website.

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us! I am sorry things are not working as expected with your new docking station and I would be happy to help.

The ‘wobbly’ power connector you describe is certainly not typical or expected behavior, and would appear to be the cause of both issues you describe and I apologize for the frustration.

As a result, we will of course provide you with a replacement power adapter that has been pretested in our lab to ensure it fits properly. Out of an abundance of caution, I would ask you to disconnect the dock from your system and disconnect the dock’s power adapter from the power outlet until you receive the replacement.

I have just sent you a direct email (outside of our web forum) asking you to confirm the shipping address for said replacement. Please respond to only our direct email so we can keep all communication in one place. As the issue is resolved, I will update this forum post accordingly.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.