Mirroring laptop screen to a monitor and then using an additional monitor for dual screens

Hello everyone,

I have a Lenovo T460 laptop and I want to project that laptop screen onto a Lenovo Monitor since its a tiny laptop. I then have an additional LG monitor next to that and will use that for dual monitor setup.

My question is… With the Pluggable UD-3900 I have the laptop and LG monitor working fine as dual screens. What do I need / How do I get the laptop screen top dock/project onto the Lenovo monitor (because its bigger)?

So I have Lenovo 14" laptop, want to close the lid and project this onto a Lenovo Monitor. I then want to use the LG screen next to it as the second monitor and run the laptop off the Lenovo monitor.

Thank you,
Cherra

Hi Cherra,

Thanks for posting!

The setup you describe is certainly possible and I’d be happy to help.

Windows provides a handy shortcut for changing display settings quickly. To have your Lenovo laptop project onto your LG monitor, please perform the following:

1. Press the “Windows Logo” key + P
  2. From the display panel that appears, select the Duplicate option

Your displays should now be set to duplicate. If you need switch back, simply repeat the shortcut and select the Extend option instead.

Next, you will likely need to change your Power settings because by default, Windows 10 will enter a low power state when the lid is closed. Please performing the following to change this:

1. Close or minimize all open windows
  2. Right-click on the Start menu and select Power Options from the pop-up menu
  3. Select Additional power settings on the right side of the window
  4. On the new Power Options window, select Choose what closing the lid does
  5. To the right of When I close the lid and under Plugged in select Do nothing from the drop down menu

Please let me know if this helps!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.