Microsoft Office stops working

Microsoft Office 2013 will not start after installing USB hub and updated DisplayLink software on Win 8.1. The only way to make it work is by uninstalling DisplayLink and Repairing MS-Office. I have tried downloading latest driver from DisplayLink website.

Hi Push,

Thanks for posting! We saw that you also reached out to us directly via our direct email support address, and my original reply is below. If case the email did not find its way to you I will also re-send my response directly. Please respond to my direct email and I will update the forum thread with any relevant information if necessary.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Original direct reply:

"Hi Push,

Thanks for contacting us. I’m sorry MS Office stopped working properly after installing the dock. I’d be happy to help!

The behavior you describe is most unusual as I’ve not encountered an instance where installing the DisplayLink driver for our dock caused Office applications to stop working. A couple of quick questions for you…when you say MS Word stopped working, does the application not launch at all? If it does launch can you describe how it isn’t functioning properly? Is there some sort of visual corruption? Is it all Microsoft Office applications or just MS Word? You don’t mention which version of Office you are using, is it Microsoft Office 2013? You mentioned ‘restoring to a previous version’, do you mean you reverted to a previous System Restore point, or a different version of Office?

Please let us know the additional information when you have a moment and we can determine the next steps from there.

Thank you,

Bob"