Microscope software continuously takes still images

Is there any way I can stop the microscope software from continuously taking still images - as far as I am aware it did not do this initially - incredibly annoying!

Hi Robin,

Welcome to the Plugable forums. The Digital Viewer Microscope software has a few different options on how you want to capture images. It sounds like you may have selected the option “Time Lapse” which will take a photo every few seconds.

When looking at the Digital Viewer menu you will see from Left to right the following

• Settings - the gear icon
  • Take a photo - camera icon
  • Time Lapse - will take continuous images on a timer, the frequency of images can be adjust in the settings menu
  • Take a recording - video recording
  • About - app info
  • Exit - quits the application

It sounds like you may have accidently pressed Time Lapse. Also there is a capacitive touch capture button on the top of the Microscope, if you tap it, an image will be taken. The top of the microscope will have a camera icon to where this area is. I hope this information was helpful and let us know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,

Alberto
Product Owner
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.