Microscope Digital Viewer app won't open on MacOS High Sierra

Hello— I just got my USB Digital Microscope, and downloaded the Digital Viewer for MacOS app from your website. I installed DV, but when I try to start the application it consistently throws an error. I’m running High Sierra 10.13.2. Here’s the (partial) error log:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInvalidArgumentException’, reason: ‘launch path not accessible’

Any advice? Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out on our forums, and I apologize for the issue you’re running into with Plugable Digital Viewer! Based on the error, it looks like the Plugable Digital Viewer software may not have been installed correctly. I recommend we start by uninstalling it and re-installing it.

To uninstall the Plugable Digital Viewer software, navigate to the Applications folder and find Digital Viewer. Two finger click it (or right click) and select ‘Move To Trash’. Afterwards, redownload the software (you can use the below link):

https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…

Once downloaded, open the .dmg and follow the instructions to move the Digital Viewer software to the Applications folder. Afterwards, navigate to the Applications folder and try opening the Digital Viewer software.

If the issue continues to persist, I’d like to try using the microscope with a different application to see if that will work. If you open Photo Booth, click ‘Camera’ from the top bar and select ‘USB Microscope’. After selecting the USB Microscope entry from the Camera drop down, you should see the feed from the microscope in Photo Booth. Let me know if this works, as this will help us determine if something about the microscope could be causing the issue.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to working with you on this issue!

Regards,

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out regarding the issue on this thread, but we have not received a response back. If C. or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please let us know by contacting us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,

Patrick
www.plugable.com/support