On my laptop, under Windows 10 pro, my microphone doesn’t send any sound to windows, but it is detected.
I’ve tested the mic on my other pc (MSI desktop), win 10 family, and the mic worked great.
How can I either activate the mic port, or boost the volume?
Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry to hear the UD-3900H isn’t working as expected, but I’ll be happy to assist.
As a first step we’ll want to ensure that the Microphone jack from the UD-3900H is set as the Default Recording Device in Windows. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Check that your device is properly connected, and that any necessary drivers are installed
- It is also a good idea to make sure that your sound device is turned on, and that the device’s volume control is not at the absolute minimum setting
- Right-click on the speaker symbol in the Windows taskbar/system tray
- Select Open Sound Settings then click the link under ‘Related Settings’ for Sound Control Panel, then click the Recording tab
- Alternatively, after selecting Open Sound Settings, use the dropdowns under the Input header
Find your device in the window. UD-3900H’s microphone jack will appear as Plugable Audio
Right-click on the device you found in step 3 and select Set as Default Device. A check mark should appear next to your device, and sound should now play through it
Click OK to exit the window
Once these steps are complete, the microphone connected to the 3.5mm analog audio input jack on the UD-3900H will be set as the default input.
In case you’re curious, we have these steps for Windows 10/11 and various other operating systems available as an FAQ here: https://kb.plugable.com/question/379342
Please let us know how these steps work out, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!
I did all this, but still no sound is catch by the mic.
Thank you for trying those steps, I’m sorry that they didn’t help.
Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information.
Can you please send an email to our direct support email address (email@example.com) with “For ticket # 411263” in the subject line that contains the following information?:
- The Amazon Order ID number for your UD-3900H purchase
- While the UD-3900H is connected to your PC with the microphone plugged in (even if not working as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug: https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug
This information will help us to determine the next steps.
** Please do not post the above information here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) **
My apologies for the frustration here.
I’ll do this as soon as I can, and I’ll email you the infos.
This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.