mDP-HDMI Mac pink/green screen

I have a 2015 Mac Mini running a LG 27UD68p 4K monitor. I had the monitor working fine with a mDP to DP cable at 4k 30hz. I Purchased this adapter in the hope to run at 4K 60hz.

The adapter, used with a high quality HDMI 2.0B cable, only gives me a pink hued screen on the monitor. If I unplug the hdmi and re-connect it will be green with artifacts at the op of the screen. It appears to have trouble resolving the 4K 30hz image which is the current output.
I also have a 2013 Macbook pro 13" Retina and this has the exact same pink /green screen problem with this adapter, whereas the cheaper adapter works.

I have a cheaper mDP to HDMI/VGA/DVI adapter that works fine at 4K 30hz.

Is it possible the adapter is faulty? In that case I will return through Amazon.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Thank you for the testing details and system models! Unfortunately 4K 60Hz support only reached the Mac Mini in 2018, all previous models are limited to 30Hz refresh rate, likewise the 2013 MacBook Pro 13" is only capable of 4K 30Hz, the Early-2015 MacBook Pro 13" added 4K 60Hz support ( from Apple’s documentation here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206587 ). In either case the miniDisplayPort to DisplayPort cable will provide for the maximum possible resolution on this monitor with these computers, and can provide for 4K 60Hz with supported systems.

I am sorry this adapter is not working at 30Hz, this may indicate a faulty adapter or an incorrectly negotiated connection with the display ( possibly caused by the 10-bit per color channel settings in this monitor ). Since this adapter will not be capable of providing a better connection than the miniDisplayPort to DisplayPort cable I would be happy to expedite a return and refund for this adapter. Please let me know your Amazon Order ID ( available from Amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the adapter and I can approve the return right away. If you would prefer to send the order ID via private email, rather than this public forum please email me at ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #268217 - Attention Pat’ and include the Amazon Order ID in the body of the email and I will reply back with a prepaid printable return shipping label and return instructions.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable Technology

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.